miércoles, 28 de mayo de 2014

How green I am?

To be honest, I´m not green at all. I’m not supporting directly any ambiental organization or participating on drastic campaigns to save trees, threatened animal species or whatever.  I know if we (as human beings) waste natural resources and pollute our environment   Earth will be a complete disaster, and that means the end for any type of life.

Instead of make big contributions to our planet, I try to help with my everyday habits. The first thing that comes into my mind is try to use the water wisely. For example when I brush my teeth I use small amounts of water, because fresh water is only a three percent of the total of water.

To reduce the air pollution, I travel by public transport. I live near to a subway station, so I can leave the car at home when I want. Public transport is bad, everybody knows that, but really helps to avoid travel by car or share it with someone else.

When I see that nobody needs light I turn off the light. It sounds an obvious thing, but not everybody does. This measure helps to save energy.

Something easy to do is throw your garbage into the trash cans. I do that every time, and when I don’t see a trash can available, I keep the rubbish into my pockets until I see one to throw the garbage.
I know that this it’s not enough, but is a point to start to help our planet.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario